To bloom the style and design of a kitchen, a glass gas stove indeed plays an amazing role. Neat and glossy surface of glass stove not only looks good but also important for kitchen safety. Glass gas stove are widely purchased and used for many reasons. They are packed with spill-proof design, which are easy to clean and one of the main reasons of their best-selling.
Cleaning glass stove is pretty simple in comparison to stainless steel gas stove. You'll find lot of efficient ways online to clean the glass stove. So you might know how to keep your stove top clean. But if you are unaware on how to remove cloudiness from glass top stove or wondering what are those white foggy spots on your cooktop, you stopped at right place. Here, we will give you a brief detail about glass stove top cloudiness and some important techniques to remove cloudiness from glass cook top.
If you're also concerned about why is my glass cook-top cloudy or what are the cloudy stains or fogs on gas stove, then first let us tell you about glass stove cloudiness. Glass cooktop tends to have white stains or you can say fog if not cleaned and maintained properly. Wrong cleaning method and solution can also trigger cloudy rings on glass top.
Sometimes they still appear even if you do regular dish soap water cleaning. These cloudy rings are generally caused by food spills or calcium and magnesium mineral deposits from hard water. If the bottom of a cook top is wet, it also generates white or iridescent hard-water stains.
Now, let's discuss how you can make your stove brand new or easy ways to remove these hard water strains.
How to Remove Cloudiness or Foggy Stains?
A cloudy effect on glass stove needs deep and measured cleaning methods. First, you need to prepare your stove top to remove cloudiness.
Make sure your gas stove is not hot. Hot stove surfaces can easily evaporate the detergent or water solution you spread on the surface. Plus, cleaning hot glass stove is also not recommended. It increases the risk of burns or further staining on glass. So, it’s better to let it cool down.
Next, you need clean and use dry cotton cloth to wipe off water droplets or detergents that might leave spots or streaks on the stove top. Avoid using abrasive sponges to clean glass cook top.
Now comes the actual step of cleaning the stove.
- First, you need to clean surface with a razor blade scraper. Using a razor scrapper is not daunting task, if you adhere to the stipulated guidelines. Ensure you place the razor at 45-degree angle at all times to avoid damaging on the top. Now, take a clean damp cloth to clean the surface dirt and residue from the cook top. You can also use microfiber kitchen towel to clean the dirt.
- Next, sprinkle the dishwashing liquid on the surface. Ensure you pay more attention on most prominent spots.
- In the next step, you need to sprinkle liberal amount of baking soda over the dishwashing liquid application.
- Take 2 tablespoons of citric acid powder and mix it into hot water. Spray this solution all over the baking soda and spread it all over the stove surface. It will create bubbles on the surface. Let it settle down on the cooktop surface for minimum 20 minutes or until your stains becomes soft to remove.
- Now, rub the mixture using soft cloth or sponge in circular motion and wipe off all the mixture from the stove. Ensure you get a bucket full of warm water to rinse the soapy mixture from the sponge.
- Repeat this wiping and rinsing step until there are no traces of baking soda left on your glass stove top. To give your glass top stove shiny and streak free touch up, get a newspaper and rub all over the top.
For very stubborn marks you can repeat and increase the duration of the baking soda step. You can also use a toothbrush with soft bristles to clean the hard to reach areas around the burners.
Glass gas stoves may typically last around 10 to 16 years depending on several parameters and if you apply appropriate method for cleaning and maintaining the glass gas stove, it can add more years into their durability and stability. Never underestimate the manufacturer's guidelines. Always follow the guidelines mentioned in the manual. Glass cook stoves are easy-to-clean and simple to keep sparkling, if cleaned and maintained well.
If this post and easy solution to remove cloudiness or foggy stains from glass top stoves worked for you, leave a comment below. We would love to hear from you about the outcomes of our easy and pre-tested cleaning methods.