We all can witness how technology has taken over our kitchen aesthetics. Our traditional kitchen is now slowly shifting to being more prominent and innovative than before. Ascertaining the best kitchen stove involves several factors to consider and your personal preference.
Mainly there are two different choices of a gas stove burner based on the mode of ignition. One is auto-ignition, and the second is a manual gas stove. Both are different from each other and possess their pros and cons. Hence, which one is better for you depends on your preference and involves an informed decision-making.
Auto-Ignition Over Manual
Modern gas stoves with auto-ignition feature are widely famous and can be seen in every Indian modular kitchen. They offer several innovative and alluring features. These are:
Looking for quality products amongst the auto-ignition category? Take a look at the best auto ignition gas stoves in India 2022.
- The auto-ignition gas stoves can heat up or cook the food significantly faster than a manual gas stove. Hence, an auto-ignite gas stove is much faster than manual cooktops.
- The other notable feature of the auto-ignition technology is easy heat control. These ranges of gas stoves encompass a heat regulation knob. It sends heat uniformly and remains stable until we shift the flame from low to high or vice versa. This also makes them more heat resistant and helps avoid heating the surrounding area.
- In auto-ignition gas stoves, users can quickly control the temperature to meet the need for daily and faster cooking of food, which is a little difficult in a manual gas stove.
- They are proved to be more energy-efficient than their manual counterparts.
- Unlike manual gas stoves, the chances of any accidents are less with a stove with auto ignition.
- These quality gas stoves feature rigid surface that’s waterproof, corrosion-resistant, and scratch-resistant.
- The automatic gas stove requires no special care while operation. They are durable and have extra strong pan support that can easily accommodate large and heavy vessels.
- Auto-ignition gas stove requires no manual interference. The burner of auto-ignition incorporates an inbuilt electronic lighter. It ignites the burner automatically and requires no manual effort of using a lighter or matchstick. Thus, it reduces the manual work.
- In addition to this, it also saves you the additional cost of getting a new matchbox or lighter every time. It is a time-saving method and involves no wasting time looking for a lost matchbox or a lighter.
- There is one best thing about automatic gas stove - zero or very less wastage of fuel.
- Clicking a sparkle in a lighter or matchbox to ignite the burner in a manual gas stove takes time. On the other side, with auto ignition, the burner lights up instantly. This is one of the main reasons why there is a rising shift towards auto-ignition systems.
Manual Over Auto-Ignition
Auto-ignition gas systems are becoming famous in the Indian kitchen. Even our conventional kitchens are moving to this modern technology of auto-ignition. However, auto-ignition gas stoves possess some cons too and that’s why majority of the consumers still opt for the manual gas stoves. The manual ones have been transformed to match the kitchen aesthetics and appeals too.
Don’t forget to check out the best gas stoves in India from the best gas stove brands – 2 burner gas stoves or even 3-5 burner gas stoves.
- An auto-ignition gas stove model is expensive as compared to a manual gas stove which is offered at a reasonable price.
- Next, the chances of gas leakage are high in an electric ignition gas stove if the gas supply pipe and gas knobs are installed poorly. One should be more careful while replacing the cylinders. However, this applies to manual gas burners too. But, one needs to be extra careful specifically with auto-ignite gas stoves.
- Electricity is the main element used to ignite the auto-ignition burner, and if there is a power cut, it can be irritable for you. However, battery-powered auto ignition systems may be a savior but, they increase your utility bills. On the other side, a manual ignition gas stove needs no electricity. These traditional stoves involve the use of a matchstick, lighter, or pilot light to ignite the burner. Hence, you don't need to worry about a power cut or extra utility bills with manual gas stoves.
- Automatic modern gas stove needs periodic repair or replacement and that’s generally every six months. They involve a standard battery that needs to be replaced from time to time. Circuit replacement and control knobs or buttons can also increase your expenses. Hence, they are more expensive.
- Controlling heat levels or switching between different flame levels in a manual gas stove is relatively fast. On the other side, auto ignition stoves take some time in switching the flame level.
- Manual gas stoves are much easier on the front of cleaning. They contain no battery-powered electric circuit. Hence, the damaging risk of cleaning the stove with water is pretty low. But with auto-ignition, you need to be extra careful and require a good time for maintenance.
Well, it seems we have shared a range of convenient features of both auto-ignite and manual gas stoves. We hope that now you have a crystal clear concept about both the gas stoves and must have also got your answer to "which gas stove is better auto ignition or manual".
Usage wise, a gas stove with an automatic ignition system is the most beneficial but economically, a manual gas stove is still better for the daily needs of cooking. Choosing any gas stove is your personal choice. We have given you the key specifications with merits and demerits. Hence, if you are clear about your requirements or choice, you can surely have the best buy.