Which one is better for the Indian kitchen, a stainless steel material or a glass top material for gas stove? A gas stove is the backbone of a utilitarian and efficient kitchen where you cook meals with love for your family and friends. It is not only the most important cooking appliance but also an investment for delicious and appetizing food. If you are buying a gas stove for the very first time or thinking of updating your current one, then you must contemplate as to which material is better for gas stove? In this article, you will read about the benefits and cons of the stainless steel material and glass top material for gas stoves. Also we have covered the factors to consider for selecting the gas stove material. Without further ado, let's get started.
Benefits of Glass Top Material for Gas Stove
A glass top material for gas stove has numerous advantages as compared to any other material. Let's check them out with the help of these points:
- The thickened glass has high longevity, sturdiness, and durability
- It looks elegant and stylish with a beautiful powder coated finish
- It is the latest trend and highly popular nowadays
- Provides the Indian kitchens with a modern and advanced technology
- The ergonomic design and trendy features are praiseworthy
- Supports both the automatic and manual ignition gas stoves
- It cools down faster after completion of cooking thereby reducing the chances of burns
We have also put 10 best glass top gas stoves as per your needs. Do explore them and select the one that fits your needs perfectly.
Cons of Glass Top Material for Gas Stove
As you can check that the glass top material has many advantages but it is important to mention some of the noteworthy cons as follows:
- Prone to breakage and cracks in case of sudden temperature change like cold water spilling on the hot glass or hot pot being kept over the cool glass
- It can be easily scratched if a rough cookware or utensil is moved across inappropriately
- The fall of a heavy or hard object can shatter the glass top
- Difficult to repair in case of a major crack and needs to be replaced
- Excessive heat accumulated while cooking for long can hamper the glass top
- Rough cookware including stoneware, cast iron, and ceramic needs to be used with caution
If you are thinking about purchasing a glass top gas stove then you must keep both the benefits and cons of the glass top material in mind.
Benefits of Stainless Steel Material for Gas Stove
The below mentioned advantages give an edge to the stainless steel material over any other material. Take a look at all the points:
- It is easy and hassle free to maintain for a long period
- It is highly durable and sturdy with high longevity
- It is trustworthy as being used for gas stoves in India for generations
- There is no stress of cracking and breakage due to sudden temperature changes
- It is available at comparatively reasonable prices in the market
- It is convenient to sanitize and clean effortlessly on a daily basis
- It is safe as it is able to keep up with very high temperatures also
Here is a post that will tell you all you need to know about the best stainless steel gas stoves in India. Do check it out.
Cons of Stainless Steel Material for Gas Stove
We can see that the stainless steel material has so many advantages but it also has some significant cons including:
- There is a loss of shine after sometime of usage
- It is prone to scratches and dents if not cared for properly
- Generally, stainless steel gas stoves support manual ignition. In case you wish to have wider options for automatic ignition gas stoves then you must check under glass top material
- It is not very stylish and trendy but comes on the sober side
- The heat distribution of this material is uneven and therefore not suitable for faster cooking
If you are thinking about purchasing a stainless steel gas stove then you must keep both the benefits and cons of the stainless steel material in mind.
Factors to Consider for Selecting the Gas Stove Material
- Durability: A gas stove material needs to be rough and tough. It should be able to sustain the daily wear and tear caused during cooking
- Appearance: The looks of the gas stove material should be appealing and trendy that can enhance the elegance of the kitchen
- Advanced technology: The gas stove material should support the use of both manual and automatic ignitions. It should allow the gas stove to be incorporated with modern features
- Even Heat Distribution: The gas stove material that allows better and even heat distribution will always be the preferred one for faster cooking
- Sanitization: The gas stove material should be convenient to clean and sanitize with minimal efforts.
- Response to temperature change: The gas stove material that adapts to quicker temperature change will last longer and perform better
- Cost: The price of the gas stove material should be easy on the pocket and reasonable in accordance to qualities provided
- Safety: The safety is of prime concern and is the most element to be considered while selecting the gas stove material
You must dwell on the above points before you finalize your decision regarding which material is better for gas stove.
Glass Top Material vs Stainless Steel Material
The glass top material for gas stove fares better in elegance, heat distribution, style, types of ignition, looks, and advanced technology.
The stainless steel material for gas stove fares better in durability, price, safety, response to temperature change, cleaning, and longevity.
We have tried our level best to bring forth all the details regarding which material is better for gas stove. Now you can assess yourself and come to a decision that which material, stainless steel or glass top, would be the most suitable keeping in mind the requirements of your cooking style.